The Lodge of Light building, Beck Street Kapunda, is 100 years old this year, the Foundation stone being laid on 30th January 1914.    

 

For those not in the know, The Lodge of Light No. 11 is at Kapunda and is named after Lt. Col. William Light, the first Surveyor General of South Australia.  Kapunda is an old copper mining town of something over 2,000 people and is situated on the River Light, 50 miles north east of Adelaide.   It now serves as a service centre for the surrounding farming district. 

 

Our Lodge was first consecrated in December 1860 as The Lodge of Light No. 410 Irish Constitution and became No. 11 of the South Australian Constitution on 17th April 1884.