The Lodge of Light building, Beck Street Kapunda, is 100 years old this year, the Foundation stone being laid on 30th January 1914.
For those not in the know, The Lodge of Light No. 11 is at Kapunda and is named after Lt. Col. William Light, the first Surveyor General of South Australia. Kapunda is an old copper mining town of something over 2,000 people and is situated on the River Light, 50 miles north east of Adelaide. It now serves as a service centre for the surrounding farming district.